Magnetic rack for 384-well plates
[cat. No. 1046]
A separator for purifying DNA, RNA, or other biomolecules with magnetic beads. Designed for the standard 384-wells plates with conical wells.
It contains the strongest possible neodymium magnets, which effectively pull magnetic beads from the suspension towards the side of the well, clearing the solution within a minute. Beads accumulate near the wall, somewhat above the bottom of the tube, so you can easily pipette all the liquid out without worrying about accidentally uptaking any beads.
The solution is cleared from the magnetic beads suspension within 2-4 minutes.
The rack works with any magnetic beads and any commercial kits, including Dynabeads and Ampure beads.
An example of an application is automated PCR product purification or selecting DNA strands of a defined size from the DNA library.
The rack has an SBS footprint and will fit any pipetting robot that follows the “Society for Biomolecular Screening” standard. This standard is also known as SLAS/ANSI form factor. The Length x Width of the footprint is correspondingly 127.76 x 85.48 mm (5.0299 x 3.3654 in).
- SBS (SLAS/ANSI) footprint
- Dimensions L x W x H: 127.76 x 85.48 x 14.50 mm
- Compatible with most pipetting robots (that follows SBS standard)
- Neodymium magnets of N52 grade
- White color
- Fits conical 384-wells plates, skirted, semi-skirted and unskirted
- The rack pulls magnetic beads 1-2 mm above the well bottom, to prevent accidental uptake